Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A little update before the big day

It’s official we are down to two days. This has definitely been one of those experiences that during the process seems like time was going by very s-l-o-w… But now that I look back at it, it seems as though it flew by. It is hard to comprehend the fact that it is only two days away. My mother is probably really frustrated with me because I can’t seem to wrap my mind around the fact that it is my wedding, so I have been very carefree throughout the whole thing, while she has been frantically running around town getting things and stressing out. But it is now down to the last sprint and things seem to be going well. Like I said my mother has been on top of things and has everything ready for the reception. She and the rest of my family will be spending all day tomorrow decorating. While I spend it finishing up homework and packing for the honeymoon.

I must admit though that even though I have tried to act really calm throughout this whole thing there have been so many emotions going through me. And poor Kevin had to deal with me. At times there has been a lot of stress, money, school, planning can really get to you. But along with stress there are the emotions of excitement, and anxiousness, fear, and happiness, and at times grumpiness. Through it all I have decided that by planning a wedding you pretty much sign a waiver giving everything, and everyone permission to put you on an emotional rollercoaster at all times. But now that it is almost over i am just trying to enjoy it, and focus on how excited i am to spend eternity with Kevin.

For other news Kevin moved into our new apartment last weekend. I have to mention that when he moved in it took him two carloads. Me on the other hand is a different story. All week I have been moving stuff up their… one trailer load, two of my carloads, and one of his; and I am still not done. As I gathered things up from my room I mentioned to my mother that I hoped when Kevin saw all my crap he wouldn’t run. Lucky for me he didn’t. But anyways we have got things pretty much settled in our new apartment, it is little but we have a spare bedroom that will hold all the crap I talked about above. No pictures yet but I will work on that.

Also I have to thank everyone for the wonderful bridal showers. A few weekends ago we went down to Utah and Kevin’s grandma and aunts threw me a great bridal shower. It was fun meeting the family, I’m luck he has such a great family. Then Saturday my friends Jaycie, Brandi, and Hailey through me a wonderful friends bridal shower. It was nice to catch up with all my friends that I hadn’t seen in a long time, plus I got lots of “fun stuff.” Finally last night I had my final bridal shower with my family. Although at this one the men were included it was still lots of fun. Thanks everyone for all the preparation and wonderful gifts.

3 comments:

  1. So you think Kevin has a great family?? Well you obviously haven't met us yet!! You might change your mind! haha! Just kidding! We're so excited for you guys! Wish we could make it to the wedding! Someday we'll be able to meet you! Good luck with everything and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're on top of this blogging business, I'm impressed! I'm Kevin's cousin...we couldn't make it to the wedding either, but CONGRATS you two! We're so excited for you AND that you have a blog so we can keep tabs on you. =) Happy Honeymooning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the wedding! Your announcement was really nice! I'm Kevin's cousin and Amber's sister (she commented above). I wish we could have gone to the wedding so we could meet you. My mom said you looked amazing :) It's nice that you have a blog, though, so we can get to know you! Good luck and welcome to the Berg family!

    ReplyDelete