So we officially bought our tickets to Germany. We will be spending 66 days in europe. 2 weeks in Italy, a week in Paris and Spain, and the rest of the time with family in Germany. WOW. CRAZY. WEIRD. EXCITING. A DREAM. I remember when I was out there before I would dream about one day taking my husband over there and showing him all the beautiful sights I had seen. Now it is here.
Next week will be midterms for student teaching. I LOVE IT. They say teaching is in your blood so I guess I got teaching blood running through me. My classes have been
A lot of fun.
Lots of work.
Lots of laughs.
Lots of stress.
Lots of reexplaining assignments.
Lots of shhhhh's.
Lots or warnings.
Lots of sore throats.
Lots of extra help.
But lots of fun.
So far my cooperating teacher has been a lot of help and very nice, praising me in all that I do with the kids. And the Students of course have made the whole thing a lot of fun. I think they are finally catching on to my sarcasm. Students: "Can we make number 3 and 4 on the quiz a bonus" "No lets make number 4 and 5 a bonus" "No 2 and 3 a bonus". Me: "Actually lets make the whole quiz a bonus while we are at it". Students: "Really"? Me: "No not really".
While I spend my days planning lesson plans Kevin has been plugging away at homework (he has a tough schedule this semester), or planning our trip to Europe. Planning seems to be his favorite past time. Now if we can only agree on what we want to do in Spain.
AND... if we both have free time it is usually spent eating or playing tank on the wii play. We discovered it at Christmas and have been addicted ever since. We passed it twice now though so pretty soon it will get boring.
Tomorrow Feb. 5 me and Kevin will have been married 11 months. Which is only one month short of a year. Where has time gone? We extended our housing contract one extra month and then will move out the end of March. Where are we going? I wish I knew. Probably to live with the parents for 12 days until we leave to Europe, and then when we get back... Well we don't know that much yet.
What we do know however is we are coming up on the The End of Life as We Know it. Soon we will be college graduates so no more homework. Soon we will be moving, so no more Cougar Court. Soon we will be married one year, so no more newly wed title. Soon we will have to grow up, so no more unemployment.
Nonetheless we did it once we can do it again. We jumped into marriage which was a big End to the life that we knew. Now we will jump into adulthood TOGETHER and i wouldn't want it any other way.
You can still be newlyweds until you have kids. . . believe me. :)
ReplyDeleteSO excited for you two to be going to Europe. And, jealous!
That is so so exciting that you guys are going to Europe!!!! I feel bad that we didn't do more together while you were here, cuz now your moving! I am going to miss you guys and good luck with the rest of your life!
ReplyDeleteMe and Danny need to jump into adulthood as well haha! Ugh but I glad I have him to do it with! I loved this post! That sounds so fun and exciting! I'm so happy for you! yippeee!
ReplyDeleteHi I'm contingently found this blog and it impressed me so much. I love your blog - I feel that I can touch your feeling through the way you write/you share your memorable time that I can't help wanting some like you :)/you reveal the love for all readers.
ReplyDeleteand I must confess that I have a bad English skill. Reading your blog is like practicing my English,you are the good writer. I love all stories and pictures. The cutiest blog♥
and dont forget to update your blog on Valentines day,I can't wait to read it!