Thursday, February 2, 2012

Patience is a Virtue

I have always been told that patience is a virtue. A virtue I do not have.  Patience is something that I have struggled with my whole life. Not so much being patient waiting at the stop light or at the doctors office, but being patient waiting for life to catch up to my plans. I have been told numerous times by numerous people to be patient.  I have spent my whole life praying for patience. And even dedicated lots and lots of lines of my new years resolutions to the word learn patience, learn patience, learn patience, etc. Although as a quick side note, my lack of patience has helped me before in regards to Kevin, and the text I sent him after he held my hand, that in a nutshell said, " Hey I like you but if you are not interested I don't want to wait around". Luckily he was interested :)

So when it came to dental school I have been trying to be patient. In December I mentioned to Kevin that I had been doing very well waiting to hear back from dental schools for interviews and admission. Then January came and my patience ran thin. I do not know what happened between December 31st and January 1st but I all of a sudden I wanted to know, and I wanted to know now. I might have began checking Kevin's email on days he worked, to see if he received any emails. In the mean time I tried to keep myself busy and kept praying for patience.

Well February 1st  finally came and was the day we "should" finally start hearing back from dental school. We woke up and Kevin headed straight for his computer to check for an update.  I was glad, because I was getting really anxious. But nothing was there. So pouting a little bit inside realizing that I was going to have to continue to be patient, I headed off to work. I had just pulled into work when my phone started quacking. Realizing that it was Kevin calling me (quacking ringtone) I tried not to let myself get to excited and came to the conclusion that I must have forgot something. However I did not. Upon answering Kevin quickly announced that he HAS BEEN ACCEPTED TO VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University). I squealed, I jumped up and down and I happily told everyone I talked to for the next hour.

Nonetheless the waiting is not over. We are still hoping for an interview with Oregon because Kevin would get instate, and it would be a lot cheaper for us. So I guess I will keep attempting to be patient but I am still happy and relieved that we are in and that the Dental School chapter will soon begin.

2 comments:

  1. WOO HOO! That is so great! VA is a pretty place and so is OR, both schools would be great! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will be super close to us! (We're in Kentucky) You'll love it out here :)

    ReplyDelete