Sunday was spent watching conference and spending time at Jeff and Shelby's and playing the the kids. The exciting part about Sunday was Kevin received an email at about 10:30 that night from Oregon with an interview invitation. Talk about perfect timing. Anyways Monday he called and set up his interview for Thursday. The rest of the week is kind of a blur we went to a party at the office, did some babysitting, and a lot of relaxing.
| Kevin and London's Pouty faces |
| "Hey Mr. Alligator can't catch me, can't catch me" |
Wednesday we headed off to Portland. We first stopped by the Portland Temple, only to put the car in park right as a big hale storm started. We ran to visitors center and enjoyed a quick but fascinating tour. Once the hale and rain subsided we spent some time wandering around the grounds and admiring the beautiful grounds and enjoying the peace that always comes when you are at the temple.
We then headed past Portland and made our way to Multanomah Falls. It was beautiful but cold. So we spent a few minutes enjoying the beauty and then headed down town to our hotel. Our hotel was about 10 min from campus so we decided to drive over to campus so I knew where I was going in the morning. Side note- I hate driving in cities so I was petrified to have to drive Kevin to his interview and back to the hotel by myself. However after driving it a couple times I got the routine down and felt somewhat comfortable driving him. We then spent the rest of the night relaxing and getting ready for the next day.
Thursday consisted of taking Kevin to his interview and me going back to the hotel and doing poetry lessons. I picked Kevin up a little after 2 and we then headed North towards Seattle. Kevin said he thought the interview went well (they were really impressed with his letter of recommendation from Kent Granat). So now we wait...
Way to capture some good pictures on your little spring break. I want to say you should have told me you were heading this way because then I could have seen you, but what would we have done haha! I live in the boring town of Nyssa but the fact that someone from home was so close is kinda funny and makes me want to say stop and see me! don't worry I'm not offended (how could you know?)
ReplyDeleteFrom all your past posts you seem like an awesome aunt.