Okay but in all seriousness, yes teaching was a great balancing act, but I couldn't have asked for a better tight rope. Teaching was a great experience and I owe that to my wonderful students and co-workers. I worked with some fantastic teachers that were not only great mentors but great friends. They were always their to answer all my questions and listen to me when I needed to chat (or vent) I even made some life long friends, and I am grateful for that. And my students were just as wonderful. They were great sports when I was in a crazy mood and decided to balance markers on my fingers, put on a circus show, and gave them bonus spelling words based on how long I could balance them. They were also great sports when I teased them about being Boise State fans and how Oregon Ducks are so much better. The notes from my students, "You actually made me like school for the first time", "I finally understood and learned to love English" and all my thank you emails from the parents made my first year incredible. I can honestly say, I never cried over school (stressed yes, but no tears) that was until I pulled away from the school for the last time and realized my life in those four walls was ending and that there was a good chance I would never see my students that I grew to love (even if they did talk a lot).
So good bye to Mrs. Berg room 182
And goodbye messy desk (Okay my desk was not this messy normally, I was packing up)
So thank you Kevin for all your support, as well as all my family, co workers, and students for making my first year of teaching great and one to remember.
Oh, how wonderful!! I'm so glad you had an overall good year :)
ReplyDelete