So I finally turned the big double 2, and I turned it in Oregon. The day before my birthday we headed to the coast and spent a beautiful day at the beach. I have been to the Oregon coast a few times and loved it each time but this time we had perfect weather for a few hours. Sunny, mid 70's, and no wind. We went on a little adventure down the beach climbing over the rocks and enjoying the scenery. We then enjoyed a nice picnic and some peaceful reading time. The wind started to pick up so we decided it was our cue to go.
We then headed South to the Redwoods. Our first stop was the drive thru tree, which was cool but a tight squeeze.
And then we headed on to the Trees of Mystery, which was really interesting and fun to walk around. It was a self guided tour which ends with a tram that takes you all the way to the top, where you get a great view of the ocean and the trees.
We ended the night camping in the Redwoods at Mill Creek campground. We had a yummy tinfoil dinner, bared the mosquitos, attempted to watch the sunset on the ocean, and enjoyed the view. It was so green and lush! When I woke up the next morning and opened the tent door i thought "I could get used to this every morning!" It was beautiful and so fun!
| View from our tent |
On my actual birthday day we packed up our camp sight and headed home. On our way we stopped by the Oregon caves and had a very entertaining tour with some very entertaining people. The best part of it though was Kevin's squeaky shoe. When he would step it would make a slight wheezing noise. When we were close to the end one of the younger boys in the group kept saying I think there is something following us I keep hearing it squeaking, and then proceeded to ask if he was going crazy or if others were hearing it to. Lots of others in the group admitted that they had been hearing it and were wondering what it was. They then started making up stories as to what it was, animals, water, etc. Kevin didn't let them go to far though before he finally admitted it was just his shoe. We then headed back down the mountain in neutral (our gas light came on, on the way up). Luckily we made the 25 miles to a gas station.
The night was concluded with a YUMMY dinner at the Vine in Grants Pass Oregon with a Kevin and Stacey. Thank you Kevin and to everyone else who helped make it an incredible birthday.
P.S I got a Kitchen aid for my birthday! I was really surprised especially since I had told Kevin about how much I liked them and wanted them but that they were way to much. Thanks honey for spoiling me!
Wicked jealous of you!
ReplyDelete