![]() |
| This is the picture we have in our room that it was made to match |
My next project was a little bookshelf I inherited from school. It was in the throw away pile, it was a cream color but had many scratches and other paint marks on it. I got it out hoping that maybe with a little paint job I could recover it and use it by my desk. IT worked great for me. However the little paint job I gave it was horrible (better then before but still not good). I spray painted it quickly blue. And often had people tell me it needed a paint job. You can see it in the left corner of this picture. The blue shelf with the purple container and books on it. Yes the room was a mess I was packing up.
So this time around I got actual paint and a sander and went to work. Kevin and I sanded it down and then added 3 layers of gray paint to it. I then glued and modge podged scrapbook paper to the back of it. For some reason it looks shiny in the pictures but the paper is not shiny at all. In the end I thought it turned out really cute and was happy with the finished project. It was a great save from the trash bin.

I love crafty projects!! They all look fabulous :)
ReplyDeleteYes the blanket is bright, but so goes with that picture of you too and the pillows so cute and I am glad that you were able to finish it! Now that shelf!! I want one!!! It looks fabulous and I love the scrapbook paper background just makes it that much more cool and impressive!! Go Kate! Love and miss you girly!!
ReplyDelete