(okay so we made it awhile ago but I have just been to
Driving out Kevin and I had to drive separate cars because we were bringing both of ours out here, we stayed the first night in Caldwell at Uncle Steve's and then the next day continued on to Portland. My parents followed the next day with all our stuff. And boy did we have A-L-O-T of stuff. Luckily the ward here was great and we had 3 men and the missionaries all show up to help so it was a quick unload.
We spent the rest of the day with my parents. They helped us unpack a little and then we visited the beautiful temple. YAY for being 15 min from a temple.
My parents had to leave the next day and head back to Idaho for a cattle convention (sounds fun huh?!?) Needless to say there were lots of tears shed the next day between Kevin and my dad. They had just grown so close in Idaho. HAHA okay lets be serious the tears were all shed between my mom and I. It was a hard to say goodbye to two of my best friends, but don't worry we talk everyday (whether they want to or not). We have spent months away from each other while I lived in Germany but its possible that it will be longer then months before I see them again. But lets be honest I started planning a trip to get them back here asap and they are coming this weekend to visit so it was only a month and a half.
Kevin and i spent the next couple weeks before school started exploring the city and area and putting the apartment together. I admit I was a little gung-ho about putting the house together. And Kevin looked like this for hours and hours as I made him help put everything together and up on the wall.
Kevin noticed that I was really focused on getting everything done, and asked me to sit down and relax for a bit. It is possible I just had a break down and cried about how it did not feel like home to me and I wanted to be home. So I was hoping that maybe once I got everything up I would feel more at home -Homesickness anybody?- Anyways we did finally get it all up and I was right it did help a lot. Lets be honest it is still not quite home but it is getting there more and more each day. Our apartment is bigger then our one in Rexburg which means we have lots of storage which is good due to all our my stuff. . We love the area and the complex and our only complaint is the road traffic (the apartment was cheaper, then other ones on the complex because it was by a road), it is not too bad though so we can't complain too much.
Our Front entry
This was another one of my projects in Idaho
WASHER AND DRYER! I am just a little excited to have one in my apartment instead of having to take it to mom and dads to do every week.
Spare bathroom. Which I love until i have to clean and realize I have another bathroom to clean. Yuck!
Closet #1 in our room
Master Bath
Master Shower
Closet # 2
Heading into our bedroom
Closet # 3 (Yes I have 2 closets and Kevin has 1)
Our room
The fan that saved us during the 100' degree weather (I thought Oregon was supposed to be cold and rainy)
Our bed with our new quilt and decorations
See my blanket matches great. Thanks Mom!
Our stars (so as I am putting these up Kevin asked "Have you ever lived anywhere where you did not have stars on your ceiling" "Of course not, and a blame my mother who got me addicted to them" And then he teased me for the next 10 minutes. However last night on Family feud the question was "What is something you put above your bed". There was only one answer left and I knew it "STARS". Kevin didn't believe me but I was so right. I would have won that round! See stars are beneficial)
Spare bedroom (This is Kevin's corner)
This is my corner
Lots of storage
Kitchen
More Kitchen :)
My favorite part! Our Pantry
Dining room
Living room (Yes the lady is having a baby on the tv ha)
Our comfy new chairs
View from the living room
View from the Kitchen
Patio and storage room
So I hope you enjoyed your tour of our home, and you are all welcome to come visit!





How exciting that you're all moved in!! Scott and I were just talking last night and want to make a trip down to see you guys, probably around a Ducks game of course!!
ReplyDelete