We finally arrived in Rigby at about 1:00 that night. Needless to say it was a shocker when we stepped off the bus into the freezing cold wind. Nonetheless I was still so excited to be there. The next few days were filled with lots of family and friends. Wednesday I went out to lunch with a friend of mine that I taught with last year at the Jr. High. Cassidy and I became great friends (she kept me sane) when we taught together and have kept in touch. I snuck her out during her lunch period, but not before going to visit other co-workers and some of my favorite students! It was so fun going back and seeing them, and there shock when they realized it was Mrs. Berg. Most had to take double takes before they caught on. I also was able to catch up with Brandy a good friend from high school that day and take the cute nieces out for ice cream (sadly none of this is documented with pictures).
The next few days were filled with lots of family time, and late nights playing games. We went shopping with my mom, did some sewing with my mom, did a puzzle (of course) fed some cows, played games until all hours of the night at Devin and Charms (Thanks for all the laughs), and of course we got lots and lots of Livia time (who can resist this adorable face?)
She absolutely loved Kevin and followed him around everywhere. One day while at my parents they had been playing for a while and then Kevin went to take a shower. She came to me looking for him - "Where's kevi?" I then told her that he had gone to take a shower. She then gave me the saddest pouty face and ran off crying. Needless to say about 1 minute later Kevin came up stairs being dragged by Livia (who had the biggest smile on her face). She had caught him before he got in the shower. We then had to distract her so that he could get away and shower without her by his side.
Christmas eve we did our annual christmas morning breakfast early because my parents were leaving Christmas morning to go to Florida. After breakfast we all lounged around for a while before heading home and napping. That night we watched movies with my parents and enjoyed relaxing.
Christmas morning we quickly made the rounds to all my siblings before we took my parents to the airport. They had bought there tickets seperately (my dad decided to go later on) so they were on different flights but left within an hour of each other. After taking them to the airport we headed back to my parents where I fell asleep and Kevin watched football. We were then a little surprised to see my dad come walking into the living room. Due to problems with his plane his flight had been cancelled and so he could not get another one until the 26th. We were happy to have him home but I think he wanted to be in Florida :) That night we had a yummy dinner at Becca and Justins and then enjoyed another late night of games.
Livia admiring Kevin like usual
Loryn my cuddle bug!
Abbi's gymnastics skills
The next day (which was our final day) was spent running around we were able to go say our final goodbyes to family, meet up quickly with Crystal (best friend) in which I wished we would have had more time. It was sad to leave home. I am told it gets easier as time goes on but nonetheless it was hard to leave a place filled with so much love and comfort. I miss looking out and seeing the open fields and getting to spend all day with cute little renegades. I miss not having to take my shoes off when I walk into the house, and I miss laying on my mom and dads bed watching TV and chatting with my mom. I miss hearing my dads truck pulling in- and all the kids hearing it too and cheering in excitement that papa was home. However we were happy to get out of the freezing cold weather and head back home to a much quieter house.



No comments:
Post a Comment