Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Time flies when you are having fun

The first thing Brooklyn told me when she arrived in Portland was we were not allowed to have fun. I of course questioned this. In which she replied time flies when you are having fun, so if we don't have fun I will feel like I am here for a really long time. Well I guess she was speaking the truth because we had a lot of fun, but before we knew it time was up. So here are a few things we got in before she headed back to Florida.

We went to the Portland Zoo








We went berry picking at Sauvi Island and made some yummy raspberry jam with the berries we picked. 



We went to Omsi as well as an IMAX movie while we were there. 



Devin and Charm came for a short visit. It was short but fun. We rode the Tram, went to Nike town, and ate some yummy food at the food carts. 





We did a little golfing at the driving range. 


And visited the beautiful Portland Temple. 




And finally built a fort and had a little sleep over, where we stayed up all night watching the whole Anne of Green Gables series (it took us two nights). However the sleep over didn't last long once I realized that Brooklyn sings, laughs, hums, talks, and moves around everywhere in her sleep. After getting kicked a couple times and woken up to her singing a few to many times I ended up in my bed. And thankfully because by morning she had done a great job knocking the fort down on top of her. 




And then before we knew it, it was time for her to head home. I might have cried a lot but I decided that just meant that I need to plan a trip to Florida soon. Miss you Boo! Thanks for coming and making this a great summer for me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment