Friday, November 8, 2013

The Birthday Boy

Well it is official... I am married to a very handsome young 27 year-old man. Lucky me :) Kevin was not so lucky though because his birthday happened to fall during mid-terms and he had three tests that day. After a bad night the night before and a bad day of testing Kevin came home from school and just wanted to relax... However there was a vendor fair up at the school that he felt like he should go too. It was free food so I didn't complain. The vendor fair was fun and we got lots of free stuff, and Kevin won a pair of Oakley sunglasses (I like to claim I bought them for him haha-- even though he is just going to sell them). After the fair we decided to go check out Salt & Straw an ice-cream place that sells weird flavors of ice cream. I got Strawberry balsamic vinegar with black pepper, and Kevin went with the thanksgiving theme and got Turkey butter brittle & snicker doodle (and lots of sprinkles because it was his birthday).We enjoyed the ice-cream in the car since there was no room to sit in the shop, and then headed home to bed (I know we are old and exciting). Saturday we headed over to the Pearsons to watch some football and decided to do the cake in face over there (It is just not as fun just the 2 of us). And of course it is more fun when you have a little kid to cry after it happens (What is it about someone with cake all over their face that makes kids think they are monsters?). Anyways enjoy the singing (we did a really great job if you ask me ha ha).







So in honor of Kevin's birthday I thought about what I could write about him in the one post all year thats dedicated all to him. So i decided to write my 10 favorite things about him, that most people don't know about (He is going to hate this ha ha Happy Birthday hun).

1.  He never loses anything. And If I ever lose anything he knows where it is  (probably because he put it there).
2. He makes very good mental notes (and often tells me to) which is probably the reason he never loses anything.
3. He is talented at everything unless it has little wheels and you have to keep your balance on it (this includes ice skating).
4. As a child he used to do calf raises all the time, and would often walk on his toes to work on his calves. This proved to work well, because he has amazing calves. Check em out some day and you will see what i'm talking about.
5. He absolutely hates being video taped so when there is a rare chance that he will let me record him I always take the short opportunity (Like above).
6. He can never remember song lyrics so when he belts out the songs in the car he tends to just make up his own lyrics. He has come up with some very creative lyrics, that have stuck with me. Everytime the songs come on his lyrics are all that come to mind.
7. He can make the creepiest rattle snake sound and loves to freak me out with it.
8. He was known (within the relief society) at our singles ward as the boy with the Smile... and boy does he have a good one (probably helps that he flosses every night without fail).
9. He is a dough boy... anything bread he loves.
10. He will eat whatever is put in front of him. I have yet to cook a meal that he has complained about. Even meals (thanks pinterest for being so deceiving) that I cannot even gag down he happily eats them and offers to take them for lunch. And on top of that he typically does all the dishes after meals as well. Like I said I am one lucky lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment