Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A White Christmas

I know students always think that no one could possibly be as excited as they are about Christmas break, however I am not sure they fully understand how excited their teachers are for break. Needless to say when Christmas break rolled around I was thrilled to escape and Kevin was thrilled to have a break from studying. So as soon as we got out of school, we headed to Idaho to enjoy a white Christmas.

It was a pretty relaxed Christmas. Lots of lounging around, watching movies, eating yummy food, taking naps, and staying up late playing games. It also of course included some good ole' puzzle time. We completed two puzzles while we were there.




For Christmas we brought all my nieces and nephews donuts from VooDoo. Don't worry they were kid friendly. The kids were amazed by the fruit loops and bubble gum and coco puffs that covered all the donuts. Needless to say they enjoyed them and I enjoyed watching little Livia's eyes light up when we opened the box. She was amazed. 

We also spent one day out enjoying the snow. Lets just say when you put a sled and four wheeler together it equals pure happiness.






Since Devin and Charm were staying at my parents house too Christmas day was actually pretty exciting with all the kids.  Kevin and I had done our Christmas early so we didn't have to bring them with us, but watching the kids open their presents is always the most exciting part. It then turned into a day of games, and relaxing (seemed to be a trend).

On the 28th we celebrated Loryn's birthday and went to the movie Frozen. Well actually Kevin and I went to the temple and then he dropped me off and let me celebrate with the family, since he didn't really care to go to see it (Surprisingly he still hasn't seen it).







While in Idaho there were a few nights my parents let Kevin and I be their dates and they took us to a couple movies at the theatre. We saw the Saratov Approach, as well as the Book Thief. Both were great movies.

In the end we were sad to leave and head back to the real world but at least we had a great view and good roads on the way home. And we made it home with lots of meat and applesauce, thanks to my Mom and Dad. 










No comments:

Post a Comment