Sunday, August 14, 2011

The burning of the Heidelberg Castle

So as I mentioned before the Hiedelberg castle has been burned numerous times. In remembrance of these burnings every year in June they "light" the castle on fire and do a firework show. It was really late at night so Annalee decided not to take the kids so we took a tram train thing down town with Annalee's friend Jamia and her brother. After walking around a lot and enjoying some Gelato and watching the Germans we found a spot to sit. Neither of the shows was that great. I guess when you are used to the Idaho Falls fireworks a mini show like that is not very impressive. But even though the shows were not that great just experiencing the German street fest was fun.

So our camera would not take very good pictures of the whole thing (bad lighting) so I stole these.





No comments:

Post a Comment