Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

As Kevin and I were discussing the terrible events that occurred 10 years ago today I realized I have never taken the time to write down my memories of that day.

I was in the 6th grade. Kelsey a good friend of mine had told everyone on the bus that an airplane had hit a big building. I had no idea what the big building was and figured it was just a plane crash and like most of the other kids on the bus did not take her seriously. By the time I got into first hour which was Mr. Moratska's P.E class he informed us what was going on. I remember him saying "You will always remember that you were in PE when you were told about the 9/11 attacks". He was correct. I can even remember where I was sitting. The rest of the day however, is kind of a blur. We watched footage in each of my classes and did not do much work. Still confused about what these big towers were I remember going home and asking my mom "What was going on". I was scared and very sad but to be honest I was not really affected by the attacks personally until 3-4 years later when my brother in-law did his first tour over in Iraq.  Now ten years later he is on his third tour and I like many others are still feeling the affects of that day. So thank you Nathan and everyone else who has risked there lives to keep America the land of the free.

No comments:

Post a Comment