Sunday, November 13, 2011

C' is for cookie

I love Halloween. Kevin asked me where I learned to love Halloween, due to the fact that my mother and father are not really into it. I guess you can blame it on my sister Becca who was always preparing her costumes months ahead of time and full out decorating the house in Halloween things during my childhood. So somewhere in this mix I grew to love Halloween. However, Kevin does not. And lets just say I know already this is going to be a trial in our lives. :) Convincing him to dress up with me typically takes the whole month of October, and then convincing him to smile and act like he is enjoying the party usually takes all night. Nonetheless by the end of the night I can usually get him to smile and he typically says "that wasn't too bad" after everything is said and done.

Well this year I had the brilliant idea of letting Kevin dress up as himself. You see, Kevin loves cookies and I love Halloween so why not make him a cookie monster for Halloween. Even though I thought it was brilliant Kevin still was not very thrilled. In the end though I thought our costumes turned out very cute.

We went to the annual Halloween party at my brother-in-laws office, and then we also had a ward carnival. Both were very fun. I also had the opportunity to dress up for school. Although without my cookie monster by my side I kind of looked stupid, as just a cookie.

A cookie and cookie monster

I have no idea who the little boy is who managed to jump into our beautiful picture

This is my rock star niece who got a little confused and thought she was a vampire :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment