Originally Kevin's interview at Midwestern was scheduled for February 14th. I had finally come to terms that I was going to have to spend Valentines day alone when I received a phone call Thursday December 8th from Kevin asking if he could buy a plane ticket to Phoenix for Sunday December 11th. The school had an interview open up for Monday. So sure enough Kevin bought his ticket and I had to quickly come to terms with the fact that I was going to have to spend my first night since we got married alone. So Sunday morning I dropped Kevin off at the Idaho Falls airport where he flew to Phoenix.
He spent most of Sunday at the airport waiting to rent a car. Yes his car was tiny and he barely fit.

He did however find a comfortable seat and found lots of friendly people willing to talk dental school with him. Monday he woke up and headed to his interview bright and early. They served them a small breakfast and gave them a quick over view of the school and then did the interviews. Kevin says he thought it went well and it was very relaxed. The rest of the day was spent touring the school and listening to more information about the school. He then headed back to the airport in which he landed in Salt lake at 8:30 and caught the 10:30 shuttle. He arrived home at 2 in the morning. I have never been so happy to wake up at 2 o'clock in the morning before.
So we both survived our night and a half apart. Barely. Our heater of course broke so our apartment was freezing all night and without my personal space heater in bed (Kevin) I froze. I ended up on the floor by our little heater. Lets just say I was very happy to have Kevin back when he got home Tuesday morning. Now we just wait to hear back from the school.
No comments:
Post a Comment