Thursday, February 2, 2012

VCU

In late December Kevin received another invite for an dental school interview. This time it was in Virginia. We quickly bought him a ticket and began preparing to spend a few days apart.  We debated back and forth about having him fly out of Salt Lake or Idaho Falls. We finally decided the extra money was worth it and he flew out of Idaho Falls Sunday December 8th, morning. I mumbling the whole time spent the day at my parents house feeling bad for myself. Kevin on the other hand headed out to Virginia excited for his little trip. My moms cousin Daniel lives out there and they graciously opened there house to him.  Bethany (my cousin that is my age and Daniel's daughter) and her husband Brent (from Eugene) picked Kevin up from the airport late Sunday night. He spend Monday driving around with Brent and seeing all the sights in Richmond. He spent that night watching the National Championship game --when he should have been sleeping. His interview began Tuesday at 7:30 eastern time which is 5:30 our time. He thought the interview went well and felt good about it. It helped that one of the professors he interviewed with was very familiar with his cousin Nate who graduated from there a couple years ago. He then returned from the interview and enjoyed a nice mountain biking adventure with Brent. 

We were so grateful for the Rhodes and for there hospitality and willingness to open there house up to Kevin and allow him to use there car to get around. The trip was great and very enjoyable for Kevin.  However it was not  very enjoyable for me, who stayed at home working and complaining the whole time.

The only picture Kevin took of the beautiful country was of Brent and the squirrel he caught. So you get to enjoy it. 


1 comment:

  1. Ha. I love this moment! I was a little jealous that Kevin got to see Brent's epic squirrel capture, and I didn't. But I am glad he got a picture of it! I am excited for you and your adventures with dental school. We will probably be calling and asking for your advice soon. Love you all and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete