Want thing-a-mabobs? I've got plenty. This has become my life song. In January I received a new insulin pump. My old one was fine but the warranty had worn out and since we are on good insurance we decided to get a new one. I was sad to say goodbye to Bullah who was a great friend and stuck by my side for almost 5 years (literally). But I am happy to introduce Puma the new and I guess improved (I haven't found to much of a difference) insulin pump.
And since we reached my deductible with my pump I opted to get a continuos glucose monitor (CGM). It checks my blood every 5 minutes and shows me a graph. You can also plug it into the computer and gets lots of other information like what your highest high has been and your lowest low and so forth. So meet Elmer (the sensor that is stuck to me) and Dexter the receiver.
So yes, I now have two patches stuck to me and another device to carry around.
Between my pump, my CGM and my cell phone I often fill like I have gadgets and gizmo's a plenty. But even though they can kind of be annoying to carry around they are very helpful and so far I have loved my CGM and it has really helped me control my blood sugar because I always know where I am headed. It is interesting to see the way different foods affect my blood and the different trends it takes during different times of the day. Hopefully this helps me control my blood sugar better and help me get a better a1c.

No comments:
Post a Comment