This year we spent Thanksgiving in Portland (my first year away from home for Thanksgiving) . First of all I admit I was a little disappointed that we couldn't make it to Idaho but Kevin had such a short break, it just wasn't possible. Secondly I was a little intimidated cooking Thanksgiving dinner by myself. In the end though it turned out great. After millions (literally) of calls to my mother for directions on how to make cranberry jello, and rolls, and pie crusts, and gravy, and a ham (yes we had ham instead of turkey. Yes I know that shouldn't be allowed. But I like it more.), and squash, green bean casserole, potatoes, and so on. I think by the time I finished my mother was for the first time in her life sick of talking to me ha ha. In the end it turned out great.

Okay so this is not our Thanksgiving dinner (I forgot to take a picture) but it was very filling. We enjoyed the company of Seth (a dental student from our ward, whose wife was out of town). That night we went and picked up Pat and Stacey from the airport and enjoyed the left overs together.
The next day Pat and I did some more Christmas shopping and then we all headed to the movies. Pat and Stacey left the next morning and we were sad to see them go but glad we were able to spend a couple weekends together (benefits of living in Portland).
No comments:
Post a Comment