We headed up to Seattle for memorial day weekend with Jared and Nicole Friday night after we all got off of work. We were so grateful for Scott and Adrianne who even though they just had a baby were great and welcomed us into their home and let us stay all weekend. They even managed to convince us to stay an extra night (thats how good of hosts they were)! Thanks for letting us crash at your place.
Saturday we made quick run to Hobby Lobby before heading down town to Pikes place. We explored Pikes, ate a Piroshky for lunch, walked the waterfront, ate some fresh donuts, and then ended the afternoon with a ferry ride to Bremerton, explored a little street fair there (where we listened to a navy band) and then headed back to Seattle, ate some Ivars and then headed to Safeco field for a Mariners game. I will admit that I am not a huge fan of watching baseball on TV, nonetheless in person it was a lot of fun!
There is a light house at the end of the hike however about half way through we realized that we probably weren't going to make it to the end so we ended up spending the next hour playing drift wood baseball and rock throwing. Kevin and Jared spent a solid 30 min throwing rocks. One would throw a big rock and the other would attempt to hit the rock with a littler one. It was quite entertaining. Nicole and I attempted it once, but when the big rock I attempted to throw into the water flew behind us and her rock was no where close we decided it was not our kind of sport. But I have to add that after 30 minutes of near misses the boys finally decided to give up. They threw a last rock to end it and Nicole and I joined in, in throwing the smaller rocks, and I did manage to hit it. Take that boys (okay really I just had to make up for my rock thrown behind me moment).
The rest of the night was spent at Scott's playing games and eating a yummy dinner. In the end I think we hit a home run with this fun getaway.















You guys were like 15 minutes from our house when you were in Bremerton!! We live up in Silverdale!! How funny!
ReplyDelete