Sunday, May 5, 2013

Silver Falls

Oh camping how I have missed you! When Nicole suggested we go camping this weekend I was beyond thrilled. The boys however mentioned that they had midterms the next week. Nonetheless between the beautiful 80 degree weather and a couple nagging wives we convinced them that it would be a perfect weekend. Jared and Nicole found the camp site and we made some quick plans, packed up the car, and headed out Friday afternoon. I was going to take a picture of the packed car however I failed at doing so, but you will just have to imagine a Ford Escape packed to the roof in the back except for two little seats for Kevin and I to sit in. All part of the adventure.

Friday night we just relaxed around the camp fire ate smores, roasted star burst, and had some great peach cobbler. Mmmm!
Team work :)


Kevins first roasted star burst.

Sleeping was surprisingly pretty pleasant. Well almost pleasant.  As Nicole put it, crows, dogs, and children make it very difficult to sleep. Those all began at about 5 so after that sleep was ify for everyone. That morning we had a yummy breakfast of breakfast burritos and then headed out to do some hiking and see some beautiful waterfalls. We only got a little lost on our hike when I decided to take a trail that lead off the main trail. We found our way back to the car though. We headed back to our camp site to eat lunch and pack up. We had tin-foil dinners for lunch played some cards and packed up the car. On our way out we stopped and did one more hike to see some more water falls before heading back to Portland. We have already began to plan our next camping trip :)



























Uhh... Kevin your growing a tail.


No comments:

Post a Comment