If I had to sum up my week in Idaho in two words it would be amazing and busy. I felt like everyday was filled with plans (which was an awakening after my summer off). Carly and I drove to Idaho on Wednesday arriving just in time for dinner and some time with these crazy kids. I couldn't get enough of Livia.
Yes, my mother had just cleaned her window.
Thursday was spent canning apple sauce (nothing compares to homemade). It may have taken ALL day but it was fun hanging with my mom and Becca, and in the end the apple sauce will be worth it. (No I am not sharing). Somewhere in the mix of all the apple sauce I missed a phone call. The voicemail in a nutshell said there was a job available at West View High School in Portland and I was recommended for it, and they would like to set up an interview. Due to the fact that I was out of town, we decided to do the interview over facetime on Tuesday. Then we headed to the drive in with all the kids. We took my dads flat bed trailer and covered it in foam and blankets so we could all lay down. It was quite the set up.
Friday was a day spent relaxing. Spent the afternoon at Rigby Lake, and the night with the Candy Band (my 4 best friends from high school). And boy did we laugh a lot, and some more, and some more. We watched all our movies that we made as teenagers (embarrassing but funny). We did lots of catching up which included some more laughs and even some tears. Overall a very successful girls night. Oh how I love these girls. (Crys and I have been friends since Kindergarten, Yeah thats a long time).
Sometime during the week I went and got Hay with my parents in Tetonia and enjoyed all the wide open space (we don't have that in Oregon).
Sunday was full of good food, lots of bike riding, jumping on the tramp, and snuggling little Miss Livia. Favorite part of the day though was when Livia (2 1/2 years old) gets on her bike and starts riding away, yelling back to me "we're in a race. Bye Suckers". Ha Ha, I laughed and laughed. They sure soak up everything.
Tuesday my interview occurred. FaceTime and Skype would not work so it ended up being just over the phone. Overall I didn't feel very good about the interview (over the phone makes it difficult), but was hopeful.
Tuesday night I had a sleep over with these wild women. They ran and jumped an rolled all night long. Wore me out just watching and I was out by 11.
A little dress up the next day.
Wednesday My mom and I met up with my Aunt Sarah and her friend and made Carly's wedding cake. It was a fairly simple cake, so Sarah made the cake (she knows all the tricks), her friend gave us the needed supplies and decorations and then I went to frosting.
And then this came...
They offered me the job at Westview High School, teaching 10th & 11th grade English. It is a temporary contract for the year, but I am so excited to officially be back in the classroom!
Not pictured is all the time we spent out in Menan at Midway Elementary helping my mom out at school. Pictured is all the time I snuck in with Livia. Like I said, I couldn't get enough of her sweet smile.
How many kids can fit into Livia snow suit?
Did I mention there was lots of facetime going on while we were apart? (Kevin got the flu and ended up really sick a few days). It was rough being apart to say the least.
And then the big day finally came... Kevin flew in! Finally! ha ha okay so it was a really big day for us, but the next day was the really big day for Carly & Chanse.
Haha yes thats me jumping in the background (they put me on a bench so I was really tall and thought one picture looking like this wouldn't hurt).
The reception was beautiful, too bad mother nature didn't want to work out. After the tornado warning the wind sure picked up. And then when it eased up the rain came and came and came. So most of it was spent in their rec room. It was still beautiful though. Congrats Chanse and Carly. And due to the fact that I had to start work on Monday we headed back early Sunday morning getting in that afternoon, just in time to unpack and pack up the car with school stuff.













































No comments:
Post a Comment