Warning this is just a long boring update post, you are welcome to read or just skip ahead to the few pictures.
When asked how we are doing in our new home of Portland, our answer usually is we are surviving :) haha and completely enjoying it. Yes, it has been a huge change and has taken some adjustment for both Kevin and I. The hardest part is of course being away from family. It is hard for me to think about how big all the nieces and nephews are going to be when we see them next. Skype however is lessing the blow. But don't worry I still talk to my mom and sisters quite often (as in almost daily ha). Another hard part about leaving Idaho was leaving behind a great job that I loved. The job search here has not been very friendly to say the least. For a very long frustrating month there was absolutely no news to report about the job searching. Nothing at all. Then all of a sudden there was a mad rush of job interviews and job offers within a week of each other. Kevin never could keep them straight so if in the mad rush you heard about the jobs but you got confused as to where and what I was doing, don't feel bad. In a nutshell I am now working at Sunset High School as an instructional assistant. I am also still working part time at an after school program until they find a replacement. So 10 hour days for another week or so. I am happy to have the job search over with and am really enjoying the job so far.
So now on to Kevin's short update. The good news is he is staying afloat. He stays really busy. He is in his second semester and it has thus far proved to be a lot more intense then the first. I would tell you all the classes he has, but I can't keep them straight, so the simple version is he has a lot of lecture classes and lab classes, and he also does some dental assisting in the clinic. He is enjoying school, just not all the studying and tests. He usually gets home a little bit before me and we are able to spend an hour or so eating dinner and relaxing before he locks himself up and studies for another couple hours. Besides going to school and studying he is also on a Volleyball and Basketball team with some of his classmates. Lets just say we are both a little bit excited for Christmas break and the extra time we will have to spend together for a couple weeks.
Even though we have both been crazy busy though we try and make sure and explore Portland a little on the weekends with the many great friends we have made here. So far we have really liked what we have seen. This past weekend we hit up Voodoo Donuts with Jared and Nicole. It was a fun place for people watching, and the donuts were very yummy and uh... interesting.



No comments:
Post a Comment