Saturday, November 10, 2012

Time out for women

Although Pat was probably sick of driving to Portland (2nd time in a month, and she would come back again 2 weeks later for Thanksgiving) we were excited to have her and two other wonderful ladies come to Portland so I could join them at Time out for women. I had originally been invited by some older ladies in my ward- I graciously declined, thinking I would love to go, but with someone I knew. So when a couple weeks later Pat mentioned that she was going and looking for another person to join I was happy to volunteer. I became especially excited when I heard Terri was going (a family friend of the berg, whom I loved from the first time I met her at our open house in Grants Pass).

Since I had to work before the event I just took the Max train downtown from work for Friday nights event. We enjoyed a little dinner and a great evening of good company, great music, and inspirational talks. Kevin met us at the end so he could see his Mom as well as ride home with me on the train since it was late. Upon meeting Kevin, Terri and I raced to the bathroom in which we both really needed to use. We happened to run past it though and end up way passed it. The rest of the group was a bit confused when we came straggling into the bathroom after them out of breath. The comment was made that Terri and I acted like long lost sisters. I was thinking more like teenage girls but either way I'll take it as a compliment.

The next day I drove downtown and met the other ladies at their hotel. Once again we enjoyed some great music, and great talks. You can't help but leave feeling very inspired to be a better thinker. Thank you Pat, Janet, and Terri for a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment